My first week at work went really well. I still anticipate a long adjustment period before I really get my hands dirty. Yesterday I did get to tag along on some outreach work, which was really interesting. The whole office participated in a training on Friday on Outreach Work and Consultation on HIV. It was challenging for me linguistically, but I enjoyed connecting with my coworkers. Now I'm pouring most of my time into a grant that has a quickly approaching deadline. I don't want to jinx it, so I'll tell more about it if I get it.
But don't worry! There's fun to be had. Our city has several cool beer gardens, excellent ice cream, and a gigantic public pool. Long story short, this summer is starting off nicely.
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It sounds great! Please post pictures when you get a chance.... How is your new host family?
OMG that is soooo coooooooooool. I wish I were there with you! :)
Post a Comment